This is post 3 of 3 in the series. You can jump to the other two posts below:
Stage 3 Contents: Click a link here to jump to a section below
- An Overview of Stage 3
- Posts on Intellectual Synthesis & Systems Thinking
- Posts on Lifelong Learning, Mental Mastery, & Worldly Wisdom
- Posts on Human Development Frameworks & Theories
- Posts on Beginner to Advanced Spiritual Growth
- Posts on Enlightenment & Transcendence
Sloww Stage 3: Getting Started with Mental Mastery & Worldly Wisdom (for Holistic/Meta Humans)
An Overview of Stage 3
Key problem(s) addressed at this stage:
- “How do I master my mind and become wise?” Along with the meaning crisis, humanity is also in the midst of a sensemaking crisis in the information/knowledge era—societal wisdom isn’t keeping up with technological advancement. Ken Wilber, creator of Integral Theory, believes we won’t see the end of polarization until 10% of the population reaches the next stage of human development.
Who Sloww is for at this stage:
- Holistic (or Meta) humans awakening consciousness and embodying wisdom.
- “Awaken the Art of Living” / “Awaken & Actualize the Art of Living”
- Sloww synthesizes the timeless art of living for our modern world because we aren’t taught how to live in school or the workplace—how to be conscious and holistic humans who actualize our full potential and live fully alive. For the first time in human history, individuals are more responsible for themselves than ever before. The modern art of living is accepting and owning your responsibility for your own life—from your state of consciousness to your actions in the world and everything in between.
Note: Lighter living and life purpose from the prior stages are transcended and included in this stage:
Full List of Posts for Stage 3
You can see my own personal progression in stage 3 by skimming a summary of posts 201-300.
Note: Links with a lock icon (🔒) go to a Premium post.
Posts on Intellectual Synthesis & Systems Thinking
- Synthesizers: Why the Future Belongs to the Idea Connectors
- Combinatorial Creativity: The Art of “New” Ideas & Why Everything is a Remix
- “So, what do you do?” An Introduction to Synthesis, Integration, Interdisciplinarity, & More
- A Look Inside “A Synthesizing Mind” by Howard Gardner (Book Summary)
- Systems Thinking & Understanding how Everything Connects: “Thinking in Systems” by Donella Meadows (Book Summary)
- A Systems Approach to Lifestyle Design: “Early Retirement Extreme” by Jacob Lund Fisker (Book Summary) + 🔒 Premium Synthesis
- The Five Whys (or 5 Whys): A Root Cause Analysis for Better Problem Solving
Humanity as a System:
- 50+ Deep Perspectives on Humanity’s Underlying & Ultimate Challenge (Hint: Ourselves)
- An Intro to Effective Altruism & How to Do the Most Good in Your Life
- “Call me Trim Tab” — Buckminster Fuller & The Impact of an Individual on Society
- 8 Profound Podcasts Introducing the Meaning Crisis, Sensemaking, & Game B
- 35+ Deep Daniel Schmachtenberger Quotes on Civilization Design, Game Theory, Sense-Making, Sovereignty, & More + 🔒 Premium Synthesis
- 35 Human Learnings from “The Lessons of History” by Will & Ariel Durant (Book Summary) + 🔒 Premium Summary
- 50 Profound Quotes & 5 Deep Questions from “The Lessons of History”
Earth as a System:
- What is Spaceship Earth? & Why It’s Time Humanity Gets “On Board”
- What is the Earth Overview Effect that Inspires Astronauts?
- Slow Down & Set Perspective with Carl Sagan’s “Pale Blue Dot”
- Dr. Bronner’s Soap & Moral ABCs (Product Label Summary)
Posts on Lifelong Learning, Mental Mastery, Worldly Wisdom, Stoicism, & Philosophy
- 45 Lifelong Learning Quotes that will Inspire You to be a Student of Life
- The Rise of Wise Podcasting — 10 Intellectual Podcasts to Think Deeply, Boost Knowledge, & Live Better
- My All-Time Top 3 Learnings from Maria Popova of Brain Pickings
Mental Mastery & Worldly Wisdom:
- The Blind Men and The Elephant: A Short Story about Perspective
- A Guide to Personal Freedom: “The Four Agreements” by Don Miguel Ruiz (Book Summary)
- 3 Profound Life Lessons from “This is Water” by David Foster Wallace + 🔒 Premium Summary
- Darwin, Munger, & More: “Seeking Wisdom” by Peter Bevelin (Book Summary)
- The Art of Living for All: “A Calendar of Wisdom” by Leo Tolstoy (Book Summary) + 🔒 Premium Summary
- 🔒 Stream of Consciousness: Is Free Thinking Even Possible?
Stoicism & Philosophy:
- How to Live a Good Life according to “Meditations” by Marcus Aurelius (Book Summary)
- 40 Marcus Aurelius Quotes, 7 Deep Questions, & More from “Meditations”
- Learning to Live before you Die: “On the Shortness of Life” by Seneca (Essay Summary)
- A Handbook for Living: “Enchiridion” by Epictetus (Book Summary)
- Thoughts on Thoughts: “As a Man Thinketh” by James Allen (Book Summary)
- The World’s Timeless Wisdom from “Stillness is the Key” by Ryan Holiday (Book Summary)
- Authenticity & Your Self: “The Existentialist’s Survival Guide” (Book Summary)
Posts on Human Development Frameworks & Theories
- Go Beyond the Hierarchy of Needs in Maslow’s “The Farther Reaches of Human Nature” (Book Summary)
- Why we Need to Evolve Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs from a Pyramid to a Sailboat Metaphor
- Maslow’s Holarchy of Needs: Should the Hierarchy of Needs Pyramid be Redesigned?
Integral Theory, Ego Development Theory, & More:
- An Introduction to Integral Theory: “The Integral Vision” by Ken Wilber (Book Summary)
- An Introduction to “Ego Development Theory” by Susanne Cook-Greuter (EDT Summary)
- What is Spiritual Intelligence? The Twenty-One Skills of “SQ21” by Cindy Wigglesworth (Book Summary)
Posts on Beginner to Advanced Spiritual Growth
Simple, Short Stories:
- The Parable of the Beggar: The Treasure You Seek is Within You
- “Maybe.” A Simple Story about Non-Judgement
- A Simple Story about Surrender with Michael Singer — The Metaphor of the Hot Air Balloon
- 10 Mind-Expanding Thoughts on “The Egg” by Andy Weir for its 10th Anniversary (Short Story Summary)
Beginner to Intermediate Spiritual Growth:
- The Spiritual Hero’s Journey of a Lifetime: “Siddhartha” by Hermann Hesse (Book Summary)
- 30+ Sadhguru Quotes from the Yogi, Mystic & Visionary on Seeking, Inner Engineering, & More
- 20 Conscious Themes from “The Untethered Soul” by Michael Singer (Book Summary) + 🔒 Premium Summary
- A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment: “The Power of Now” by Eckhart Tolle (Book Summary) + 🔒 Premium Synthesis
- A Deep Look at “A New Earth” by Eckhart Tolle (Book Summary #1) + 🔒 Premium Synthesis
Advanced Spiritual Growth:
- Keeping up with the Spiritual Joneses: The other side of Ego that Spiritual Narcissism, Virtue Signalling & Moral Grandstanding have in Common
- Seeing through your Programming: “The Way to Love” by Anthony de Mello (Book Summary)
- A Tough Love Approach to Spirituality: “Awareness” by Anthony de Mello (Book Summary) + 🔒 Premium Summary
- The Ultimate Question: “Who am I? The Teachings of Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi” (Book Summary)
- The Ultimate Truth: “Spiritual Enlightenment: The Damnedest Thing” by Jed McKenna (Book Summary) + 🔒 Premium Summary
- 10 Life-Transforming Themes & 25 Top Quotes from “Tao Te Ching” by Lao Tzu (Book Summary)
Posts on Enlightenment & Transcendence
- On Enlightenment: 3 Meanings of the “Chop Wood, Carry Water” Zen Quote
- Zen Stages of Enlightenment: The Ten Bulls or Ten Oxherding Pictures (Short Story)
- What is Transcendence? The True Top of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- 24 Characteristics of the Self-Actualizing Transcender (Maslow Theory Z Summary)
- What is Gerotranscendence & Can You Experience it at a Younger Age?
- 🔒 Transcendence Synthesis: How to be a Self-Actualizing Transcender (+ Infographic)
- 🔒 Stream of Consciousness: Do You Live Life, or Does Life Live You?
- 🔒 Stream of Consciousness: Are Means and Ends One and the Same?
- 🔒 Stream of Consciousness: Does Everyone Eventually Converge?
You May Also Enjoy: