What I’m Doing Now
I’m focusing on these things:
- Sloww is currently at 169 posts! I aim to publish 1-3 posts per week depending on the depth of the topic. You can see the most popular posts here.
- I’ve had an aversion to monetizing this site to date (e.g. no ads on the site), but here are the first few things I plan to launch:
- Premium Content Membership: Likely pay one small fee for lifetime access to the best-of-the-best content. This content will be where the rubber meets the road. I have some interesting ideas including: a regular “stream of consciousness” series that’s a peek behind the scenes and more free flowing writing, highly actionable tips that bring a level of life practicality to each book summary, a synthesis of all book summary themes into the ultimate guide on the art of living and how to live, and of course any completely novel/original writing (if that’s even possible given that all creativity is a remix).
- Slow Living eBook: 75-100 pages long. Refining/updating content from 20+ blog posts to give you a definitive guide to go from busyness to downshifting to slow living.
- Life Purpose Online Course: A comprehensive digital course and how-to guide for finding and creating your life purpose based on my own experience over the last 4 years going from existential crisis to life purpose. Eventually I’d like to write a book on this as well, but I think a course will initially get it out to the world faster.
- Getting settled after our sea change of moving from a lifetime in the Midwest to Northern California.
- My journey continues with:
- Internally: evolving consciousness and spiritual growth, self-actualization and transcendence, life purpose, essentialism, and unbusyness
- Externally: voluntary simplicity, minimalism, digital minimalism, decluttering, KonMari-ing, and FIRE (Financial Independence Retire Early)
- Overall: When you put it all together, trying to live more like the Ikarians in the Blue Zones
- For reading, I have a rough list of the next 75 books I want to read. The topics include: art of living and how to live, meaning and life purpose, spirituality, philosophy, psychology, consciousness, and more.
Thanks for taking some time to stop by—time is life, after all!