What I’m Doing Now
Last updated: June 1, 2021. “Now” page inspired by Derek Sivers and Leo Babauta. I’m also currently following Derek’s “empty calendar” rule of no calls/podcasts for the indefinite future, but I do keep in touch asynchronously via email and social media.
Here’s what I’m focusing on (in order):
1. “Sloww Sunday” Email Newsletter (January 2020 — LAUNCHED): Browse newsletter issues.
2. “Sloww Premium” Membership (March 2020 — LAUNCHED): Learn more about Premium.
3. “The Hierarchy of Happiness” eBook (April 2020 — LAUNCHED): Get the (free) eBook.
4. “Ikigai 2.0” eBook (December 2020 — LAUNCHED): Get the eBook.
5. The Sloww Shop (Mid 2021): A single place to house all eBooks, memberships, courses, and more—with a better checkout experience than the current membership checkout. I’m also thinking about offering some of the synthesis Premium posts as one-off purchases.
6. Synthesis Course (Mid 2021): I’ve spent the last few years slowly getting a better understanding of how my own mind works. I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m a “synthesizer” with a “synthesizing mind.” Everything you see on Sloww is a byproduct or outcome of this mind. I’d like to put all the learnings I’ve pieced together into a course to help others better understand synthesis, the process and tools I use, and much more.
7. Sloww Community (Mid 2021): It’s time for Sloww to have some type of community for everyone to connect. In conjunction with the first course launch, I’d also like to launch a community. I still need to decide on the software/platform that would be best and figure out how the community will integrate with the Premium membership, courses, etc.
8. Life Purpose Course (Late 2021): A comprehensive online course on how to find and create your life purpose. This will be based on my own experience and learning over the last 5+ years going from existential crisis to life purpose. This will be one of the most important and thorough pieces of “work” I’ve created to date.
9. Various Synthesis Projects (TBD): Key topics I’d like to synthesize include: Abraham Maslow (will read 2-3 more books to complete), Mental Models (will read 3-5 books to complete), Stoicism (will read 3-5 more books to complete).
10. Slow Living or Lighter Living eBook (TBD): This eBook will include everything I’ve ever learned about busyness, downshifting, and slow living. Many slow living books out there these days simply list out a bunch of superficial tactics that you’ve likely heard countless times. To really embrace the lifestyle, you have to understand the root cause(s) of your busyness and build a strong foundation with slow living strategies. This eBook will be your guide to get started with the lifestyle in a way that will stick for life. I may even expand it to include simple living (in which case it would be a broader “lighter living” or “intentional living” eBook encompassing slow living + simple living).
11. A Couple Stealth Projects (TBD): I will be going through all 300+ published posts on the site, hundreds of my unpublished notes/drafts, and thousands of tweets to create the life purpose course mentioned above. As a byproduct of that process, I’m going to compile everything I’ve learned to date—the ultimate synthesis. Right now, I have two different ideas for how this can come to life. Of course, they will be a “forever work-in-progress” where new themes will need to continually be added. Other than the purpose course, I think these will be some of my most important projects.
Thanks for taking a moment to stop by—after all, this moment is life!