What I’m Doing Now
Here’s what I’m focusing on (in order):
1. New “Sloww Sunday” Email Newsletter (January 2020 — LAUNCHED): Browse newsletter issues.
2. New “Sloww Premium” Membership (March 2020 — LAUNCHED): Learn more about Premium.
3. “The Hierarchy of Happiness” eBook (April 2020 — LAUNCHED): Get the free eBook.
4. “Ikigai 2.0” eBook (Late 2020): I discovered ikigai in 2015-16 and have continued learning about it ever since. Last year, I did a deep dive into the truth about ikigai and why the diagram needs to evolve. This year, I’ve decided to go even deeper into the origins and turn it all into an eBook. After reading five ikigai books that vary wildly in how they describe the concept, it seems like this synthesis is much needed.
5. Life Purpose Course (2021): A comprehensive online course on how to find and create your life purpose. This will be based on my own experience and learning over the last 5 years going from existential crisis to life purpose. I’d like to turn this into a life purpose book as well at some point, but I think a course will initially get it out to the world faster. This will be one of the most important and thorough pieces of “work” I’ve created to date.
6. Slow Living eBook (2021): This eBook will include everything I’ve ever learned about busyness, downshifting, and slow living. Many slow living books out there these days simply list out a bunch of superficial tactics that you’ve likely heard countless times. To really embrace the lifestyle, you have to understand the root cause(s) of your busyness and build a strong foundation with slow living strategies. This eBook will be your guide to get started with the lifestyle in a way that will stick for life.
7. Art of Living Gateway Guide (TBD): I will be going through all 275+ published posts on the site as well as hundreds of my unpublished notes/drafts to create the life purpose course mentioned above. As a byproduct of that process, I’m going to create an art of living “gateway guide.” It will be a comprehensive summary of every art of living theme I’ve learned to date—with links to every post that mentions a given theme to dive deeper. This will essentially be the ultimate synthesis. Of course, it will be a “forever work-in-progress” where new themes will need to continually be added. Other than the purpose course, I think this will be one of my most important projects.
Thanks for taking a moment to stop by—after all, this moment is life!