What I’m Doing Now
Last updated: Sept 7, 2021. “Now” page inspired by Derek Sivers and Leo Babauta. I’m also currently following Derek’s “empty calendar” rule of no calls/podcasts for the indefinite future, but I do keep in touch asynchronously via email and social media.
Here’s what I’m focusing on (in order):
1. “Sloww Sunday” Email Newsletter (January 2020 — LAUNCHED): Browse newsletter issues.
2. “Sloww Premium” Membership (March 2020 — LAUNCHED): Learn more about Premium.
3. “The Hierarchy of Happiness” eBook (April 2020 — LAUNCHED): Get the (free) eBook.
4. “Ikigai 2.0” eBook (December 2020 — LAUNCHED): Get the eBook.
5. Sloww Shop (July 2021 — LAUNCHED): Shop all products.
6. Sloww Community (Sept 2021): The private community will be available for Premium members and future course students. It’s time for Sloww to have some type of community for everyone to connect.
7. Synthesis Course (2H 2021): I’ve spent the last few years slowly getting a better understanding of how my own mind works. I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m a “synthesizer” with a “synthesizing mind.” Everything you see on Sloww is a byproduct or outcome of this mind. I’d like to put all the learnings I’ve pieced together into a course to help others better understand synthesis, the process and tools I use, and much more.
8. Life Purpose Course (1H 2022): A comprehensive online course on how to find and create your life purpose. This will be based on my own experience and learning over the last 5+ years going from existential crisis to life purpose. This will be one of the most important and thorough pieces of “work” I’ve created to date.
9. Various Synthesis Projects (TBD): Key topics I’d like to synthesize include: Abraham Maslow (will read 2-3 more books to complete), Mental Models (will read 3-5 books to complete), Stoicism (will read 3-5 more books to complete).
10. Slow Living or Lighter Living eBook (TBD): This eBook will include everything I’ve ever learned about busyness, downshifting, and slow living. Many slow living books out there these days simply list out a bunch of superficial tactics that you’ve likely heard countless times. To really embrace the lifestyle, you have to understand the root cause(s) of your busyness and build a strong foundation with slow living strategies. This eBook will be your guide to get started with the lifestyle in a way that will stick for life. I may even expand it to include simple living (in which case it would be a broader “lighter living” or “intentional living” eBook encompassing slow living + simple living).
11. A Couple Stealth Projects (TBD): I will be going through all 300+ published posts on the site, hundreds of my unpublished notes/drafts, and thousands of tweets to create the life purpose course mentioned above. As a byproduct of that process, I’m going to compile everything I’ve learned to date—the ultimate synthesis. Right now, I have two different ideas for how this can come to life. Of course, they will be a “forever work-in-progress” where new themes will need to continually be added. Other than the purpose course, I think these will be some of my most important projects.
Thanks for taking a moment to stop by—after all, this moment is life!