What I’m Doing Now
I’m focusing on these things:
- Sloww recently hit 150 posts! I typically publish 1-3 posts per week depending on the depth of the topic. You can see the most popular posts here.
- I’ve had an aversion to monetizing this site to date (e.g. no ads on the site), but here are the first few things I plan to launch:
- Premium Content Membership: Likely pay one small fee for lifetime access to the best-of-the-best content. This content will be where the rubber meets the road. I have some interesting ideas including: a regular “stream of consciousness” series that’s a peak behind the scenes and more free flowing writing, highly actionable tips that bring a level of life practicality to each book summary, a synthesis of all book summary themes into the ultimate guide on the art of living and how to live, and of course any completely novel/original writing (if that’s even possible given that all creativity is a remix).
- Slow Living eBook: 75-100 pages long. Refining/updating content from 20+ blog posts to give you a definitive guide to go from busyness to downshifting to slow living.
- Life Purpose Online Course: A comprehensive digital course and how-to guide for finding and creating your life purpose based on my own experience over the last 4 years going from existential crisis to meaning. Eventually I’d like to write a book on this as well, but I think a course will initially get it out to the world faster.
- Getting settled after our sea change of moving from a lifetime in the Midwest to Northern California.
- My journey continues with:
- Internally: evolving consciousness and spiritual growth, self-actualization and transcendence, life purpose, essentialism, and unbusyness
- Externally: voluntary simplicity, minimalism, digital minimalism, decluttering, KonMari-ing, and FIRE (Financial Independence Retire Early)
- Overall: When you put it all together, trying to live more like the Ikarians in the Blue Zones
- For reading, I have a rough list of the next 75 books I want to read. The topics include: life meaning and purpose, art of living and how to live, spirituality, philosophy, psychology, consciousness, holistic living, stillness, sustainability, history and future of humanity, and how to write better.
Thanks for taking some time to stop by—time is life, after all!