Welcome! This page is your “quick start guide” to all things Sloww.
Let’s run through 10 questions you may be thinking:
- Who are you?
- What is Sloww?
- Who is Sloww for?
- What are the free eBook & email newsletter?
- How can I go straight to the best content?
- What are some other interesting things I should know about?
- What if I want to see a bit of everything the site has to offer?
- What is the Premium Membership?
- How can I support the site?
- How can I follow and contact Sloww?
1. Who are you?
👋 Hi, I’m Kyle—the human behind Sloww.
I’m an ex-marketing executive turned corporate dropout and solopreneur who found and created my life purpose after an existential crisis―synthesizing the world’s wisdom to awaken and actualize the art of living.
I’m not a philosopher, psychologist, sociologist, anthropologist, professor, scientist, or spiritual teacher. Who am I then? I’m the human who is an interdisciplinary dot connector between all those other humans and many more.
I’m on a personal journey to maximize human potential—lighter living, higher purpose, mental mastery, spiritual growth, and ultimately full aliveness. Sloww is essentially my public “commonplace book.”
There’s no operating manual for life, but life is an open book test. We’re all copying the best of those who came before us (“standing on the shoulders of giants”). I do all the homework—researching, curating, reading, note-taking, summarizing, synthesizing, and writing. You get all the highlights—so you spend less time learning and more time practicing and mastering.
2. What is Sloww?
At its highest level:
Sloww is creating the web’s deepest guide to the art of living by synthesizing the world’s wisdom on human potential through an interdisciplinary study across diverse yet interconnected disciplines.
Here’s what Sloww values in a nutshell:
Sloww supports slowing down in a fast world because slowing down is the gateway to all things good—which aren’t things at all.
Sloww encourages lighter living because more hasn’t added to our lives—we must subtract the superficial “stuff” (physical clutter and mental-emotional clutter) and shift inward where we can meet life face-to-face.
Sloww promotes finding higher purpose because there’s nothing more essential than meaning in life but no one taught us how to find it—we are currently in the midst of a collective meaning crisis.
Sloww synthesizes the timeless art of living for our modern world because we aren’t taught how to live in school or the workplace—how to be conscious and holistic humans who awaken and actualize our full potential and live fully alive.
Learn more about Sloww.
3. Who is Sloww for?
Sloww is for intentional humans, heroic humans, and holistic/meta humans. What does that mean?
Sloww can can help you at various stages no matter where you are in your own journey:
- Sloww Stage 1: Getting Started with Slow Living & Simple Living (for Intentional Humans)
- Sloww Stage 2: Getting Started with Life Purpose & Meaning (for Heroic Humans)
- Sloww Stage 3: Getting Started with Mental Mastery & Worldly Wisdom (for Holistic/Meta Humans)
What Sloww offers you:
You get a growing resource of the world’s deepest knowledge to maximize your human potential.
You get a trusted guide on your journey to transformation: self-realization, self-discovery, self-development, self-actualization, self-transcendence, and more.
You get high-signal content with a high wisdom-per-word ratio so you can get wise in less time:
- Me as your personal curator to surface the most interesting content from around the web to you weekly (via the free Sloww Sunday newsletter).
- The most detailed book summaries of the world’s best books (via free book summaries).
- Syntheses of the dots connected to live the good life (via Sloww Premium).
See 100+ testimonials from Sloww followers, readers, and members.
4. What are the free eBook & email newsletter?
The Hierarchy of Happiness eBook — The free 50-page eBook is delivered immediately in your welcome email. It covers 100+ powerful perspectives on how to be happy (externally, psychologically, and spiritually). Read more about the eBook.
Sloww Sunday Newsletter — Sent weekly on (you guessed it) Sundays. I come across all sorts of intriguing content in any given week, and this email is where I share the best of what I find. In a modern world focused on the trendy, it’s your weekly dose of the timeless. Browse all previous newsletter issues.
Get the free eBook and email newsletter by signing up here:
5. How can I go straight to the best content?
Sloww has 300+ posts on the site, but you can start with the most popular posts.
I recently launched my first paid eBook: Ikigai 2.0: A Step-by-Step Guidebook to Finding Life Purpose & Making Money Meaningfully (+ Bonus Workbook).
Maybe you’d like to review my reading list and book recommendations.
Ready to find and create purpose? Top life purpose posts.
6. What are some other interesting things I should know about?
Glad you asked. Here are some of my personal favorite posts.
Just looking for actionable ideas? Top posts with practical tips.
Check out the list of intentional living challenges and experiments.
Like quotes? Here are the top quote posts along with my all-time favorites: Art of Living Quotes, Busy Quotes, Choice & Priority Quotes, Contentment Quotes, Death Quotes, Happiness Quotes, Lifelong Learning Quotes, Minimalism Quotes, Perspective Quotes, Purpose Quotes, Simple Living Quotes, Solitude Quotes, Stoic Quotes, Time Quotes
You can also use these as other jumping off points / quick start pages:
- A “short” summary of Sloww’s first 100 posts.
- A “short” summary of Sloww’s posts 101-200.
- A “short” summary of Sloww’s posts 201-300.
7. What if I want to see a bit of everything the site has to offer?
Fantastic! There are two ways to search the full site depending on the device you’re using:
- Desktop: Use the header or footer search bars
- Mobile: Use the footer search bar
Or, browse posts by category: Book Summaries, Decluttering, Digital Declutter, Minimalism, Voluntary Simplicity, Simple Living, Essentialism, Unbusyness, Slow Living, Perspective, Happiness, Lifestyle Design, Purpose, Self-Actualization, Philosophy, Psychology, Wisdom, Spirituality, Enlightenment, Transcendence
8. What is the Premium Membership?
Sloww Premium offers exclusive member-only content that bridges the gap between why and how. If you’re ready to turn your aspiration into action, it’s a one-time fee for lifetime access.
Sign up for the email newsletter, and you’ll get a coupon code in your welcome email.
9. How can I support the site?
Please visit the Support page for a few financial and non-financial ways to support Sloww. Anything is appreciated!
- Shop / Become a Premium Member
- Make a PayPal Donation
- Shop / Sign up with Affiliate Links
- Subscribe to the Free Newsletter
- Follow Socially & Share Content
- Simply come back often and learn something new!
10. How can I follow and contact Sloww?
Follow along on these social channels:
You can find FAQs and a contact form here. If you are a real human who wants to get in touch, please contact me via email at kyle(at)sloww(dot)co. While I may not be able to respond to every message, I do read every single one.
If you made it this far, thank you! I’m deeply grateful you made your way here, and I hope Sloww will be a go-to guide on your own journey through life.
Go with the Sloww,