Why care what Will and Ariel Durant have to say about history?
Well, how many other humans can say they've studied and written about history for 50+ years? Plus, the Durants were awarded the Pulitzer Prize for General Nonfiction in 1968.
The Lessons of History could be viewed as a succinct summary of their much longer work The Story of Civilization. I've thoroughly enjoyed revisiting it to create this premium post.
To make it more digestible, I've organized this summary into a variety of key questions.
Premium Summary Contents:
- What should we remember when learning from history?
- Why care about history?
- What is civilization?
- Is civilization's lifecycle a repeating pattern? (+ Infographic)
- What stays the same and what changes? (+ Infographic)
- What could happen in the future?
- How should we think about progress?
- What are the paradoxes that most don't realize?
- What is the relationship between the individual and the group?
🔒 Get lifetime access to this exclusive content by joining 650+ members from 50+ countries. Learn more about Premium.