This post is part of a series on What is Sloww?:
- Sloww Stage Support (Lifelong Learning & Deeper Development): How do I develop by learning?
- Sloww Stage 1 (Intentional Living): How do I design a lighter life?
- Sloww Stage 2 (Life Purpose): How do I find a higher purpose?
- Sloww Stage 3 (Mental Mastery): How do I build a better mind?
- Sloww Stage 4 (Spiritual Seeing): How do I see beyond mind?
Stage 4 Contents:
Sloww Stage 4 (Spiritual Seeing): How do I see beyond mind?
Overview of Stage 4
Stage 4 Inquiring Question:
- “How do I see beyond mind?” All roads lead deeper into mind (Stage 3), and mind leads beyond mind in nonduality (Stage 4). My most recent realization on this journey was that the previous stage 3 needed to be separated into two distinct stages: the mind (stage 3) and beyond the mind (stage 4). Sloww synthesizes the timeless art of living for our modern world because we aren’t taught how to live in school or the workplace—how to be conscious and holistic humans who live fully alive.
Stage 4 Learning Focus:
- Seers focusing on the ‘me crisis’ by transcending mind and living in the unfolding flow (study subjects include: spirituality, nonduality, self-enquiry, witnessing, awareness, truth, consciousness, enlightenment, etc).
Stage 4 Developing Self:
- Self-Witnessing & Self-Transcending: Who am I? ‘I’ know ‘I’ am not ‘my’ mind since ‘I’ am now aware of and able to witness ‘my’ mind. So, who am I? I am.
Stage 4 Posts (Full List)
You can see my own personal progression in stage 4 by skimming a summary of posts 301-400.
Note: Links with a lock icon (🔒) go to a Premium post.
Posts on Spirituality
- The Parable of the Farmer who Lost his Horse: Lessons on Luck, Non-Judgment, & Interconnectedness
- “Maybe”: A Simple Story about Non-Judgement
- The Parable of the Beggar: The Treasure You Seek is Within You
- A Simple Story about Surrender: The Metaphor of the Hot Air Balloon
- 10 Mind-Expanding Thoughts on “The Egg” by Andy Weir for its 10th Anniversary (Short Story Summary)
- A Search Party for the Self: Sam Harris on Searching for what is “Missing” (Short Story)
- The Societal Drug keeping You a Sleeping Robot (Anthony de Mello Excerpt)
- The Dream Metaphor of Mary & Jane (Rupert Spira Summary)
- Tea or Coffee: Who is the Chooser of a Choice? (Rupert Spira Short Excerpt)
- On Enlightenment: 3 Meanings of the “Chop Wood, Carry Water” Zen Quote
- Zen Stages of Enlightenment: The Ten Bulls or Ten Oxherding Pictures (Short Story)
- 25+ Deep Quotes on the Differences between Religion & Spirituality
- Keeping up with the Spiritual Joneses: Spiritual Narcissism, Virtue Signalling & Moral Grandstanding
- 🔒 Stream of Consciousness: Do You Live Life, or Does Life Live You?
- 🔒 Stream of Consciousness: Does Everyone Eventually Converge?
- 🔒 Stream of Consciousness: What is Enlightenment?
- 🔒 Nondual Empiricism Synthesis: How to embody Nonduality with Nicholas Lattanzio
- 🔒 Behind the Scenes: What I Learned from the Alexander Technique Course by Michael Ashcroft
Science + Spirituality:
- “No Self, No Problem” by Chris Niebauer (Book Summary)
- 🔒 How to Bridge Science & Spirituality with “No Self, No Problem” by Chris Niebauer (+ Infographic)
- “Thought as a System” by David Bohm (Book Summary)
- Science + Spirituality: Is Matter to Space what Thought is to Consciousness? (David Bohm Short Excerpt)
Posts on Spiritual Teachers
- “The Untethered Soul” by Michael Singer (Book Summary)
- 🔒 How to Grow Spiritually with “The Untethered Soul” by Michael Singer (+ Infographic)
Anthony de Mello:
- “Awareness” by Anthony de Mello (Book Summary)
- “The Way to Love” by Anthony de Mello (Book Summary)
- 🔒 How to Wake Up with “Awareness” by Anthony de Mello (+ 3 Infographics)
- “Spiritual Enlightenment: The Damnedest Thing” by Jed McKenna (Book Summary)
- 🔒 How to Find the Truth with “Spiritual Enlightenment” by Jed McKenna (+ Infographic)
- “The Power of Now” by Eckhart Tolle (Book Summary)
- “A New Earth” by Eckhart Tolle (Book Summary)
- 🔒 Eckhart Tolle Synthesis: How to Live a Life of Presence & Purpose with “The Power of Now” + “A New Earth”
- “Be Here Now” by Ram Dass (Book Summary)
- 🔒 How to Practice Witnessing with “Be Here Now” by Ram Dass (+ Infographic)
- “Zen Mind, Beginner’s Mind” by Shunryu Suzuki (Book Summary)
- 🔒 How to Practice Zen with “Zen Mind, Beginner’s Mind” by Shunryu Suzuki (+ Infographic)
Douglas Harding (Headless Way):
- “On Having No Head” by Douglas Harding (Book Summary)
- “The Science of the 1st Person” by Douglas Harding (Book Summary)
- 🔒 How to See Clearly with the Headless Way Experiments (+ Visuals & Videos)
- “Being Aware of Being Aware” by Rupert Spira (Book Summary)
- “Being Myself” by Rupert Spira (Book Summary)
- “The Heart of Prayer” by Rupert Spira (Book Summary)
- 🔒 How to See with the Screen Analogy from Rupert Spira (+ Infographics)
- 🔒 How to Be with “Being Myself” by Rupert Spira (+ Infographics)
- 🔒 Rupert Spira Synthesis: Everything about Nonduality (+ Infographics)
Ibn Arabi & Balyani:
- “Who am I? The Teachings of Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi” (Book Summary)
- “Be As You Are” by Ramana Maharshi (Book Summary)
- 🔒 How to Practice Self-Enquiry with “Be As You Are” by Ramana Maharshi (+ Infographic)
You May Also Enjoy: