This is post 4 of 4 in the series. You can jump to the other three posts below:
Stage 4 Contents: Click a link here to jump to a section below
- An Overview of Stage 4
- Posts on Philosophy
- Posts on Spiritual Growth
- Posts on Enlightenment & Transcendence
Sloww Stage 4: How do I embody wisdom?
An Overview of Stage 4
Stage 4 Key Question:
- “How do I embody wisdom?”
Stage 4 Student Focus:
- Seers: awakening and transcending the mind.
Stage 4 Description:
- My most recent realization on this journey was that the previous stage 3 needed to be separated into two distinct stages: the mind (stage 3) and beyond the mind (stage 4). Sloww synthesizes the timeless art of living for our modern world because we aren’t taught how to live in school or the workplace—how to be conscious and holistic humans who live fully alive.
Important Note: Lighter living (stage 1), life purpose (stage 2), and mental mastery (stage 3) are transcended and included in stage 4.
Stage 4 Posts (Full List)
You can see my own personal progression in stage 4 by skimming a summary of posts 301-400.
Note: Links with a lock icon (🔒) go to a Premium post.
Posts on Philosophy
- The Blind Men and The Elephant: A Short Story about Perspective
- A Guide to Personal Freedom: “The Four Agreements” by Don Miguel Ruiz (Book Summary)
- A Military Classic for Modern Life: “The Art of War” by Sun Tzu (Book Summary of Michael Nylan Translation)
- The Art of Living for All: “A Calendar of Wisdom” by Leo Tolstoy (Book Summary) + 🔒 Premium Summary
Stoicism & More:
- How to Live a Good Life according to “Meditations” by Marcus Aurelius (Book Summary)
- 40 Marcus Aurelius Quotes, 7 Deep Questions, & More from “Meditations”
- Learning to Live before you Die: “On the Shortness of Life” by Seneca (Essay Summary)
- A Handbook for Living: “Enchiridion” by Epictetus (Book Summary)
- Thoughts on Thoughts: “As a Man Thinketh” by James Allen (Book Summary)
- The World’s Timeless Wisdom from “Stillness is the Key” by Ryan Holiday (Book Summary)
- Authenticity & Your Self: “The Existentialist’s Survival Guide” (Book Summary)
Posts on Spiritual Growth
Simple, Short Stories:
- The Parable of the Beggar: The Treasure You Seek is Within You
- “Maybe.” A Simple Story about Non-Judgement
- A Simple Story about Surrender with Michael Singer: The Metaphor of the Hot Air Balloon
- 10 Mind-Expanding Thoughts on “The Egg” by Andy Weir for its 10th Anniversary (Short Story Summary)
Science + Spirituality:
- The Scientist’s Guide to Spirituality: “Thought as a System” by David Bohm (Book Summary)
- Science + Spirituality: Is Matter to Space what Thought is to Consciousness? (David Bohm Short Excerpt)
Beginner to Intermediate Spiritual Growth:
- The Spiritual Hero’s Journey of a Lifetime: “Siddhartha” by Hermann Hesse (Book Summary)
- 30+ Sadhguru Quotes from the Yogi, Mystic & Visionary on Seeking, Inner Engineering, & More
- 20 Conscious Themes from “The Untethered Soul” by Michael Singer (Book Summary) + 🔒 Premium Summary
- A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment: “The Power of Now” by Eckhart Tolle (Book Summary) + 🔒 Premium Synthesis
- A Deep Look at “A New Earth” by Eckhart Tolle (Book Summary #1) + 🔒 Premium Synthesis
Advanced Spiritual Growth:
- Keeping up with the Spiritual Joneses: The other side of Ego that Spiritual Narcissism, Virtue Signalling & Moral Grandstanding have in Common
- Seeing through your Programming: “The Way to Love” by Anthony de Mello (Book Summary)
- A Tough Love Approach to Spirituality: “Awareness” by Anthony de Mello (Book Summary) + 🔒 Premium Summary
- Nonduality in a Nutshell: “Being Myself” by Rupert Spira (Book Summary)
- 🔒 How to Be with “Being Myself” by Rupert Spira (+ Infographics)
- Nondual Spirituality: “Be As You Are” by Ramana Maharshi (Book Summary)
- 🔒 How to Practice Self-Enquiry with “Be As You Are” by Ramana Maharshi (+ Infographic)
- The Ultimate Question: “Who am I? The Teachings of Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi” (Book Summary)
- The Ultimate Truth: “Spiritual Enlightenment: The Damnedest Thing” by Jed McKenna (Book Summary) + 🔒 Premium Summary
- 10 Life-Transforming Themes & 25 Top Quotes from “Tao Te Ching” by Lao Tzu (Book Summary)
Posts on Enlightenment, Transcendence, & Free Will
- On Enlightenment: 3 Meanings of the “Chop Wood, Carry Water” Zen Quote
- Zen Stages of Enlightenment: The Ten Bulls or Ten Oxherding Pictures (Short Story)
- 🔒 Stream of Consciousness: What is the Subject-Object Relationship?
- 🔒 Stream of Consciousness: What is Enlightenment?
- What is Transcendence? The True Top of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- 24 Characteristics of the Self-Actualizing Transcender (Maslow Theory Z Summary)
- What is Gerotranscendence & Can You Experience it at a Younger Age?
- 🔒 Transcendence Synthesis: How to be a Self-Actualizing Transcender (+ Infographic)
- 🔒 Stream of Consciousness: Do You Live Life, or Does Life Live You?
- 🔒 Stream of Consciousness: Does Everyone Eventually Converge?
- 25 Ways to Melt Away the Feeling of Free Will
- 50+ Free Will Questions to Examine the Nature of Your Reality
- The Ultimate Question: “Free Will” by Sam Harris (Book Summary)
- Does Free Will Exist? The Latest Thinking from Sam Harris
- 🔒 How to Unravel Free Will with Sam Harris (+ Infographic)
- No Free Will: The Biology of Behavior with Robert Sapolsky
- The Homunculus Fallacy & Mitigated Free Will (Robert Sapolsky Short Excerpt)
- 🔒 Stream of Consciousness: Is this the Holy Shit Moment?
- 🔒 Behind the Scenes: How I Live with the Lottery of Birth & Lack of Free Will
You May Also Enjoy: