This page is a growing library of 100+ testimonials from Sloww followers, readers, and members.
Thank you for your ongoing support!
Page Contents: Click a link here to jump to a section below
- Featured Testimonial
- Testimonials from longtime followers
- Testimonials on the Premium membership
- Testimonials on the Sloww Sunday newsletter
- Testimonials on the brand/website
- Testimonials on the synthesis thinking/writing style
- Testimonials on the blog/content in general
- Testimonials on book summaries
- Testimonials on slowing down
- Testimonials on existential crisis & finding purpose
- Testimonials on social media
The featured testimonial below comes from Amber R, a Premium member who has been reading and learning from Sloww for years now.
- “It is time for a long overdue note of gratitude. I started following you years ago as I was diving into the ideas of slow living and simplicity. In time, I quickly outgrew many other spaces. However, the depth of your evolving content continues to perpetuate my personal growth in all areas. Your journey continues to resonate with me year after year and your platform has become a beacon. Countless times I have noted parallel themes — selfishly I benefit greatly from ‘lagging behind’ — your content never fails to provides the right direction and momentum for my journey. Your work is invaluable to me.”
- “Sloww began as a source of inspiration on my journey towards a slower, simpler, more intentional life. It became a trusted resource for personal growth across all disciplines. Over time, Sloww has become a compass that guides the process of awakening and understanding the human experience.“
- “Sloww has impacted my personal development as well as my husband’s, and thus inevitably our journey together as a couple and family. I have shared relevant newsletters and posts over the years, and I always give credit to Sloww for my uncanny ability to put the right book(s) in front of him at the right time in his journey (most recently The Psychology of Money and The Almanack of Naval Ravikant). Our journeys are individual yet interconnected and often run parallel. We are able to make big changes and move forward based on the synergy of the combined journeys. Sloww has been part of that foundation for years.“
- “Having been following you from the early stages, I find everything you said about what Sloww is, the journey and the stages to be true.“
- “Sloww embodies authenticity, purpose, wisdom, etc. These values build trust and credibility and also command respect. This refreshing uniqueness is what makes it so special.”
- “Navigating Sloww content to find focus, clarity, meaning and direction for my thoughts is the true value of Sloww.”
On where Sloww fits into your “information diet”:
- “I love the ‘heavy appetizers’ analogy, and I firmly believe that is your niche and that you are right about the shortage and the need to fill that void. There is so much value there. Perhaps due to the unique nature of Sloww being a space unlike any other in my life, coupled with the fact the value it provides is so deeply personal … For what it’s worth, my instincts believe your content is worth far more than its current monetary value. I guess maybe I am realizing Sloww’s evolution has left it in a place that nothing else occupies.”
On Sloww Stage 1:
- “In Stage 1, Sloww primarily served as a source of inspiration and affirmation to pursue slowness, simplicity and intentionality. Sloww deserves the credit for bringing life-changing books into my life that were an essential part of this process (e.g. Voluntary Simplicity, Essentialism, In Praise of Slowness).”
- “The content and direction I have received from Sloww has been invaluable. Though most of the value may be hard to quantify, there have been tangible life changes as a result of the journey and process of awakening … We have decluttered, disowned ‘stuff,’ cleared schedules, left jobs to stay home, redefined the relationship with money, broken up with institutions, contemplated and moved towards massive downsizing and drastic changes in lifestyle, etc.”
- “I realized that I quickly outgrew other accounts / blogs / platforms focused on simplicity, decluttering, etc. As a natural result of digital decluttering, I bought into the idea of being intentional about what content I consume. Sloww always remained relevant, and provided a depth of content that was nearly impossible to find elsewhere. Therefore, Sloww seamlessly and naturally continued to be a part of my journey as I moved more solidly into Stage 2.”
On Sloww Stage 2:
- “This is the stage where I began to embrace the value of Sloww’s content across all the disciplines. I devoured books from the reading list on life’s meaning/purpose, philosophy (deep dive Stoicism), finance, and spirituality depending on where I was at in my journey. Sloww provided organized content (book summaries, etc) and guidance as I figured out what I wanted to add back into my life after removing it all in Stage 1. It helped me redefine who I am, who I wanted to be—as I worked to define values and discover my life purpose.”
On Sloww Stage 3:
- “I look forward to gaining further wisdom as I move deeper into Stage 3. I believe it will be increasingly difficult to seek out minds who are dedicated to reaching this stage of development, and even fewer who are able to convey the ideas in a relatable and useful manner. I can’t wait to follow along as you pull the pieces together.”
Testimonials from longtime followers:
“Last year my research brought me to you and the whole Sloww movement, so I have been following you ever since. I’ve incorporated many of your principles in my life and man, the DETOX IS REAL!!” — Ujunwa A.
- “I’ve been following you for awhile now, and I really love your articles! They are easy to read, so deeply researched, and very well curated! I love especially your perspective about happiness / your happiness ebook! … The world needs more people like you, with a mindset like yours.” — Long Q, Premium Member
- “I’ve really enjoyed Sloww these past few years. Despite being a random guy on the internet with <1k followers when I first discovered you, I was drawn into your experiences. I feel really fortunate. I signed up for your premium membership almost immediately, and I am very gracious for your work. Onward and upward!” — Max K, Premium Member
- “Always incredibly valuable, Kyle. Been following you for awhile and admire what you are up to. Keep it up.” — BL
- “I have been following your work for awhile. So much wisdom. Please keep doing that! Loving it!” — Hariprakash S.
Testimonials on the Premium membership:
“I recently became a premium member. I’d like to congratulate you on developing one of the few thoughtful and well-presented blogs and websites. I now consider Sloww one of my core thinking sites, along with Tim Ferriss, Farnam Street, and Brain Pickings … Sloww is the equivalent of being more aware and appreciating the substance of our intellectual capabilities.” — Richard S.
- “Keep up the outstanding work you do. You give and share so much world-class wisdom for free, plus the Premium membership is a real deal of a lifetime … The fact that you are a team of one makes Sloww even more commendable. Your articles, the graphics, the layout, and the way you present it all is truly world class by far.” — Hussein J.
- “I feel a deep affinity to your mind, your journey and the content that you produce. I’ve signed up for your premium content (which I think is a complete steal).” — Mike J.
- “Your blog is one of the few that show deep thoughts in everything you write. Especially since everything that you write is condensed down to the essence—both to leave room for readers to think deep and also to respect the time of those that don’t. As some say, it is harder to write short than long. This is the main reason that I wanted to join Premium.” — Khai Yuen L.
- “I’m a HUGE fan of your work! … I absolutely love what you’re doing, and I’m SO glad you decided to use your genius to make such an incredible contribution to the world … I am a superfan … I REALLY resonate with your approach, the way you’ve connected the dots, and your incredible ability to synthesize. I’m so excited to be in your community!!” — Janie L.
- “Premium content is super insightful! If you enjoy reading Sloww posts, then there is no reason to not get the lifetime premium content. Think of it as personal and spiritual growth on steroids (if you’re willing to read and ponder). Thank you. Your work is fantastic!” — Prakhar V, Design Epic Life
- “You are incredible. Never been drawn to a blog as much as yours. I am spending hours … learning so many cool things. The premium level was a very easy decision. Thank you for your teachings.” — Daphne S.
- “The BEST value on the internet. I love it! So happy to have found it.” — Blue Pearl Wellness
- “I just became a premium member of Sloww, and I wanted to reach out and thank you for the amazing work you do. You are a source of insight & inspiration for me.” — Eray E.
- “I’m immensely grateful for your work (joined Premium over the weekend and am impressed). Almost everything resonates directly with my life, life choices, and core philosophies, and I’m excited to continue learning, adopting, and evolving from your endeavors.” — Brian R.
- “I want to let you know I just purchased the premium membership on your site. I really appreciate the content you post and want to support your longterm work. Thanks for your work.” — Cameron L.
- “I love your work. I got the premium to support and thank you. Thank you so much for the marvelous work and love within. Keep enjoying the process.” — Legoes J.
- “Thanks for your posts. Your work really helps me to move forward, and you’re presenting the texts in such a simple manner. It is so helpful.” — Cloe F.
- “So glad that you’ve made it both affordable and easily accessible. Your work is truly stimulating as well as calming for the mind. I appreciate the time you’ve taken out to put this into the universe. True blessing.” — S. N.
- “Officially became a premium member yesterday! Can’t wait to take a deeper dive into all of your insights.” — Nate K.
- “I am happy to say that I am a new premium member. My journey just got more interesting thanks to your content.” — Pablo C.
- “Wanted you to know how much I appreciate your site and work. Just upgraded to Premium as a support for you.” — Nic S.
- “Thanks for producing an amazing product.” — Ben D.
- “I’m glad I am a Premium member, it’s a bargain value.” — Tom M.
- “Highly recommend.” — Podcast Notes
Testimonials on the Sloww Sunday newsletter:
“Sloww Sunday is one of few emails that I subscribe to that I actually look forward to and enjoy—the format, content, updates, everything.” — Amber R.
- “I just want to show you a little gratitude for your content and newsletter. It’s helped me to organize and add conviction to a lot of my thoughts and ideas.” — Chong S.
- “I want to say thanks for your newsletter, content in general, and the great contribution you give to people’s journeys.” — Pablo C.
- “I really enjoy reading your newsletter. It’s always very insightful and full of great ideas worth thinking about. So, thank you for the beautiful work you’re doing, and thanks for sharing!” — Ewa B.
- “Been following your twitter for a while, but just found your blog and newsletter and there are so many amazing insights you’ve shared.” — Ethan N.
Testimonials on the brand/website:
“The name. The design. The mission. Sloww has it all … bringing it together into a perfect (IMHO) website … There’s just not much more that needs to be said.” — Rainmaker Digital
- “I just want you to know that I am deeply inspired by your writing and web design, and I think you have created something purposeful and nourishing to the human soul. Thank you for having the courage to shift gears and pursue this path that will provide comfort and guidance to so many.” — Consecrate Co.
- “Just wanted to tell you that the graphic and colors of your website are amazing. It is uncommon to see something so nice!” — Isabella P.
- “I think your Sloww site is very good; great achievement … I have faith in your work. Well done. The layout is very good too, but substance is more important.” — Roy T.
- “Your website is amazing, very meaningful posts and the layout is so simple. I look forward to reading a lot more about the art of living in your other posts.” — Keya A.
- “Thanks for all the work you put into your site, it is professional and insightful.” — Rob A.
- “Never thought that someone could present these ideas in such a minimalist way without losing the depth … thanks for doing it for us … gratitude.” — Pushkin
- “I’m not that much of an internet reader to be honest, but your site is really nice, keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark.” — Thomas M.
- “I dig the look of your brand, it resonates.” — Jordan B.
Testimonials on the synthesis thinking/writing style:
“Sloww is synthesizing the world’s wisdom. It’s one of the best sites I’ve come across for this. And for this, Kyle, you have accomplished your goal. Your site is AMAZING. IT IS TRULY A GIFT TO THE WORLD! I hope you realize it. I know you set out to SERVE OTHERS and boy have you ever done that more than most people on this planet. You could quit now, and I want you to know, you have helped more to increase the world’s wisdom than a million other people who do nothing. Seriously … I am thankful you go DEEP!!! … Sloww has already isolated the 80/20 of worldly wisdom.” — Adam R.
- “Kyle Kowalski (Sloww) is a top rising public intellectual—add him to your radar everyone … You are literally one of the best synthesists alive Kyle, and I am continuously blown away by your skill and body of work. Thank you infinitely on behalf of us all.” — Allen S.
- “Without a doubt, you are a truly gifted synthesizer. You really are what not only I, but the rest of the world needs.” — Amber R.
- “Sparks fly when ideas are brought together from across disciplines, fields, etc. Sloww does this across the realms of spirituality, psychology, philosophy and more. For new perspective, I highly recommend you check it out. Warning: rabbit holes ahead…” — Ben D.
- “Man your research and synthesis is phenomenal … keep up the great work!” — Eric S.
- “I love your articles and your writing style! … I just wanted to reach out and let you know that I’m a huge fan of your blog, and I’ve found a ton of value in your posts … You have one of the few blogs I actually keep in my RSS feed, and I always look forward to your new posts. Keep up the great work!” — Zach B.
- “I found your blog, and I’m really enjoying your writing style. I just wanted to let you know that! … These ideas are incredibly valuable and life giving, so thanks for all of your research and desire to spread the word!” — Mary B.
- “Your insight-to-word count is immense … Your attitude is really great and comes through crystal clear in your writing. Lucid & crisp.” — Adam J.
- “Keep up the great work mate, it’s not often you stumble across writing that changes the way you view and interact with the world and your work ticks those boxes!” — Dean K.
Testimonials on the blog/content in general:
“This blog is the culmination of all of the research and realizations that I have had over the past few years … I just want to thank you for the amazing information, and for validating all of my thoughts and beliefs about the trappings of my chosen profession, and the lives of so many of us who have realized that it is not for us … Keep up the good work and keep inspiring!” — Cole M.
- “Sloww is an excellent touchpoint and daily reminder on ‘how to live,’ and I appreciate the consistency and quality of message.” — James
- “I must say I’m impressed with your work: the quality, the effort you put in your posts, the value you create, the values you seem to embody, everything. I keep coming back to your website … Keep it up!” — Maxime
- “I really resonate with your values/principles—it feels as though you’re on a mission … The trail of breadcrumbs you’re following is very resonant for me … I suspect its resonant universally, and I look forward to what’s next.” — Adam J.
- “I just wanted to send you a thank you for your blog. You are really helping me a lot on my self development journey. I have no idea how I found you but I instantly went down the rabbit hole of your writing … I read your stuff every day!” — Morgan M.
- “I found Sloww recently, and I love your work. Many of the topics you write about are of interest to me and from time to time I find myself getting lost on your site due to me jumping from one article to another to another!” — Shannon K.
- “I recently discovered your website, and I absolutely love it! I find it very inspirational, and your blog posts keep me thinking for hours. I really enjoy it.” — Arjette D.
- “Love your content. Thank you for raising the collective consciousness with this work! Keep going!” — Mike L.
- “Thank you for sharing with us the amazing work that you do. I’m really happy & grateful to have found your blog—full of valuable content!” — Leeanne D.
- “Thank you for all the helpful resources you provide on the site. I really appreciate the care you took to put them together.” — Raluca B.
- “Just wanted to let you know I’m a big fan of your website and all the content you are putting out. Thank you!” — Kaushal L.
- “I have to say I really admire what you do and the information your website gives to a reader.” — Zanda Z.
- “It’s clear that you are passionate about providing your readers with quality information.” — Sarah D.
- “I admire the Sloww body of work. I think more people would benefit knowing about it.” — John F.
- “You have very nice organized blog and full of inspirational information.” — Sercan B.
- “Thank you very much for your blog which I find very inspiring.” — Damien D.
- “I enjoy the work you put out. You never stop questioning.” — Digital Buddhaa
- “Just wanted to say I think your blog is brilliant!” — Rose T.
- “I love everything you’re doing, your story really resonates with me. Looking forward to following you!” — Jordan
- “I love what you’re doing with Sloww <3 Keep doing your thing. Much love and support.” — Nibras
- “I’m very glad you created this page as this is so needed in today’s society.” — Emily P.
- “I love this page and felt called to express it. It’s wonderfully positive and uplifting. Thank you.” — Trina I.
- “I would like to say thank you for the creative expression of what you are discovering as it unfolds through this site.” — Jim W.
- “Thank you for doing what you do, I know it’s not easy at all.” — Nilesh
- “We need you for the long haul.” — Steve D.
Testimonials on book summaries:
“I’ve been fascinated by the amount of work you have done over the years and created this empire of articles, posts, and book summaries on your website. I read every single day something from your website, and it really adds great value to me and my living experience of life.” — The Rambling Optimist
- “I like what you do. Rather I admire it. Your persistence is remarkable. You work hard to present the very best of what you read. You are generous. You go to great lengths to correctly present. You are very mindful and respectful of your audience.” — Reza R.
- “A gold mine of great reading. There are some time-saving book summaries that are awesome!” — Barb R.
- “I love your work on Sloww … The book summaries are God-sent, and I appreciate how you express complex concepts with such clarity. Big Thank You.” — Sarah G.
- “A 2020 palate cleanser. I’ve become more spiritually inclined in my middle years, and this is a wonderful resource. Founder Kyle Kowalski summarizes ‘big idea’ books really succinctly.” — Tom M.
- “Just wanted to say thanks for all the work you do. I enjoy reading your write-ups of the books, even if I have read them. It helps me to gain more clarity. Keep up the good work!” — Rocky L.
- “Thank you again for your amazing work. I am so enjoying your summaries, they have encouraged me to read lots of books that I would not have ordinarily read.” — Sue M.
- “Your website is amazing, and I really appreciate the detail of book summaries.” — Angie P.
- “I love your blog! I especially love how well you summarize books for a better and simpler life.” — Prakhar V.
- “Fantastic book list.” — Siamese Buddha
Testimonials on slowing down:
“I’m so glad to have found you via your blog and website, Sloww. I find your philosophic bent truly interesting, fresh and attractive. Your unique path to a sustainable, meaningful slower life is one I honor and recognize – having gone through my own similar, and at the same time different transformation … I congratulate you on having discovered a secret to living a purposeful, centered, fulfilled life, that as you say, ‘ancient wisdom has known for a long time.’ Here’s to bringing messages of wisdom and knowing around intentional, simple, connected living, to the world!” — Robin R.
- “I just wanted to drop you a line to say thanks for your lovely website. It’s such a great resource for exploring more about the slow living movement, and I’ve happened across it quite a few times as I look for inspiration for my work.” — Jojo H.
- “I LOVE YOUR WORK!!! You totally nailed it—IT’S ALL ABOUT SLOWING DOWN. Joining your premium membership has changed my life.” — Janie L, Premium Member
- “Such a comprehensive website full of slow resources.” — Sarah T.
- “Your blog posts have really made me comprehend the benefits of slowing down.” — Rose T.
- “In a busy and distracting world, it’s inspirational to find people that choose to ignore the noise and focus on the simplicity of happiness.” — Mike J.
- “I’m so glad you started this. When did doing things slowly become negative? I work in a fast-paced career, and I’m always questioning. Thanks again.” — Kelly S.
- “I’m not quite sure how I stumbled on your site today, but it is awesome! I’m a couple of years away from retirement and went through a journey of ambition, high tech executive success, to slowing down during many steps.” — Richard M.
- “Sloww helped me to slow down in my life. Instead of chasing 5 different material desires, I chose 1 BIG desire (from Naval), and that helped me slow down as well.” — Nilesh M.
Testimonials on overcoming existential crisis and finding life purpose:
“Sloww has been a tremendous guide in the right direction. Your story of how you transitioned from that existential crisis to slow living was truly awe-inspiring … I am not sure if this philosophy of life is well known to people. Even knowing 1-2 things about it would improve everyone’s lives. You’ve inspired me to share this philosophy with others … I am truly grateful that you’ve found the courage to rise up from your ashes and inspire me towards a better life.” — Remus B.
- “I am near tears, in a good way. I, too, am in my mid-thirties with one foot firmly planted in a carrot-chasing lifestyle, with the other foot planted nowhere really, but thinking deeply quite a bit lately about existence, purpose, and why I’m chasing things that won’t, at their core, provide fulfillment. After reading your story, I at least know I’m not alone in reaching this existential crisis point, and am so glad to see all the resources and reading you have together in one great site. I can’t wait to read a bit every day … Thank you for doing what you do! Such a great offering.” — Alanna F.
- “I just found your website while frantically Googling during what I believe to be the beginning (or at least the most recognizable part of the beginning) of my existential crisis … I’ve spent the last few hours reading around your website. Took a lot of notes! You had an amazing collection of quotes to ease the anxiety that came along with this breakthrough. You deserve a giant Thank You from me and everyone else you reached.” — Chloe T.
- “Thank you for taking some of my fear away about what is happening to me. Until I read your article, I was frantically scouring Google, just as you were looking for SOMETHING, but what, I didn’t know. I read only about 10 or so articles before stumbling upon yours on getting through an existential crisis … I am following you on Facebook, as I found you quite informative, relatable, and inspiring. Thank you for helping others. I can’t even explain the weight you’ve help loft off of me already.” — Athena R.
- “I just really REALLY need to thank you from bottom of my heart. I have plunged right into the deep end in the last week, and though I still am very early in this process (though I wish i could fast forward to the end as it is horrifically uncomfortable), I am grateful to read someone so positively affirm that this can be a good thing. I am now looking forward to the other side, and I have faith that I am going to make it! So thank you. I am grateful with words I cannot find.” — Gwendolyn B.
- “I came across Sloww and hit your existential crisis article. Then started reading some of your other articles. Since we have such similar professional backgrounds, I just wanted to say thanks. It was the perfect thing I needed to read at the exact right time. It’s not often that happens.” — Jake M.
- “The knowledge you’ve given has been extremely useful in helping ease the burden of existential crisis that I am going through … You have shown me and many others the way. I can’t help but send my sincere gratitude again and again … Your blog has been a favorite place on the internet that I find solace … a gold mine for individuals like me.” — Anonymous
- “Just want to say thanks for what you’re doing. Just had my existential crisis last week … I’ve managed to control the anxiety and depression that came with it and flip it to a more positive outlook, which is nice. I still feel slightly lost but with your guidance I imagine I’ll be thankful for this as now I also want to help others that have/are going through the same … My pursuit is now trying to find my passion and how I want to more forward in life … I really look forward to going through all the content you’ve published, and thank you for all you’ve done.” — Lucas S.
- “Well done, looks like you had the courage to take that turn we all face in our mid-thirties … Your insight comes directly from your life choices.” — Rob A.
- “This is just a quick message to say thanks for sharing your journey. I’m on mine as well, and Sloww has become the place to find additional information, which I think it was your plan all along. Keep up the good work.” — Luciano L.
- “I discovered Sloww today and haven’t been able to stop reading. Your story immediately resonated with me. I really appreciated your detailed explanation of how you defined your ikigai, and I’m looking forward to digging into more, particularly the premium content!” — Aashay M, Premium Member
- “I just read your life purpose post – and I GET IT!!! Listen to my True Self. This time it sunk in. THANK YOU!!!” — Janie L.
- “This article on finding purpose blows the others out of the water.” — Adam R.
- “Sloww is my go-to resource to discover myself. It helps me understand why I am the way I am, how people actually find purpose, and how I can find purpose.” — Nilesh M.
Testimonials on social media:
“I am forever thankful for reactivating my Twitter and finding Sloww. The website has just opened up my curiosity. A plethora of topics and ideas which really resonate with me. I can’t wait to read some of the books on there. It’s just so pure.” — Surf
- “Your ability to archive, curate and apply meaningful/related quotes is unparalleled across Twitter. Really been enjoying your work.” — Adam J.
- “I am following you on Facebook, as I found you quite informative, relatable, and inspiring.” — Athena R.
- “Your Instagram posts are mind blowing.” — Hussein J.
- “I’ve been following your writing via Facebook and Twitter for a few months now and really like your philosophy.” — John T.
- “Sloww is a great resource for me to find out what’s out there. It helps me to find resources to help me discover myself.” — Nilesh M.