Join the Slow & Simple Living Forums & Online Communities •
As much as I’m an advocate for digital minimalism and digital declutter experiments, I got sucked into a Reddit rabbit hole over the weekend. In the past, I would just be a lurker and consumer of Reddit, but I finally decided to join and begin to contribute and create (you can find me at reddit.com/user/slowwco).
Slow & Simple Living Forums on Reddit:
There’s a robust simple living forum that’s 8 years old with 111K subscribers. On the flip side, there’s a virtually nonexistent slow living forum that’s 6 years old with under 100 subscribers. There’s also a slow movement forum with 500 subscribers.
If you’re interested, I created two public multireddits (a collection of subreddits on a similar topic) for slow living:
- reddit.com/me/m/slowliving/ (49 subreddits)
- reddit.com/me/m/slowlivingfocus/ (25 subreddits)
The subreddits included cover topics like anti-consumption, declutter, degrowth, digital minimalism, downshifting, various topics on Stoicism, ethical living, mindfulness, minimalism, simple and slow living, self-sufficiency, voluntary simplicity, zen and much more.
Slow & Simple Living Groups on Facebook:
There are a bunch of Facebook Groups on these topics. Most are Closed Groups, so you will need to request access to join. Here are some I’ve found to get you started:
- Becoming Unbusy (144,000 members)
- The Minimalist Life (135,000 members)
- No Sidebar (125,000 members)
- Frugal Minimalists (55,000 members)
- Simple Families (12,000 members)
- Simple Collective (9,500 members)
- Slow, Eco, Simple Minimal Living (4,500 members)
- Voluntary Simplicity (2,500 members)
Slow & Simple Living Lists on Twitter:
I built these Twitter Lists and continue to actively add to them:
- Twitter List: Slow Living Focus (65 Members)
- Twitter List: Slow & Simple Living (350 Members)
Slow & Simple Living Forums Elsewhere:
Of course, there are other places outside of Reddit, Facebook, and Twitter to engage with like-minded people:
Are you familiar with or active in others that aren’t listed? Please share them in the comments.
You can follow Sloww via email using the form field below this post or on social media (@SlowwCo) on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Medium, Reddit, and Quora.
Leave a Reply