I couldn't help but notice a similarity between the books Atomic Habits by James Clear and Find Your Why (also Start With Why) by Simon Sinek.
Instead of presenting the brain in a complex fashion that makes your eyes glaze over, Clear and Sinek boil the brain down to three simple circles.
Why is it worth learning about how your brain works?
"The world has changed much in recent years, but human nature has changed little." — James Clear
Let's compare the two models to see what we can learn when we overlay both together.
Here's a preview:
- Why, How, and What come from Simon Sinek's Golden Circle
- Identity, Processes, and Outcomes come from James Clear's Three Layers of Behavior Change
Premium Post Contents:
A Visual Overview:
- The Golden Circle: Find Your Why / Start With Why by Simon Sinek
- The Three Layers of Behavior Change: Atomic Habits by James Clear
Better Understanding How Your Brain Works
Breaking Down Each Layer in More Detail:
- The Inner Section (Limbic System): "WHY" / IDENTITY
- The Middle Section (Limbic System): "HOW" / PROCESSES
- The Outer Section (Neocortex): "WHAT" / OUTCOMES
🔒 Premium Member content. Please log in or learn more about Premium.