Books, books, books! If only we could live forever and read all of them.
Of all the books I read this year, these are the three that stuck with me the most (in no particular order). I truly believe they are life-changing and well worth your time.
“When it comes to living, there’s no getting out alive. But books can help us survive…by passing on what is most important about being human before we perish.” — The Wall Street Journal
The Top 3 Life-Changing Books I Read in 2018 (& Worth Your Time in 2019)
“Books changed my life more than anything. They gave me access to thousands of years of human knowledge. For what? $15 a pop? It’s the best investment and the most one sided relationship you can ever have.” — Ryan Holiday
1. Voluntary Simplicity: Toward a Way of Life That Is Outwardly Simple, Inwardly Rich by Duane Elgin (Amazon)
- A Detailed Overview of “Voluntary Simplicity” by Duane Elgin (Book Summary #1)
- Top 10 Most Common Reasons for Choosing Simple Living (Book Summary #2)
- Humanity is a Teenager — We Will Evolve Through Simplicity (Book Summary #3)
2. A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose by Eckhart Tolle (Amazon)
- A Deep Look at “A New Earth” by Eckhart Tolle (Book Summary #1)
- Your Purpose on “A New Earth” (Eckhart Tolle Book Summary #2)
- Humanity’s Evolution to “A New Earth” (Eckhart Tolle Book Summary #3)
3. Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown (Amazon)
Happy reading in 2019! Want even more book summaries? You can see all my book summaries here.
“Don’t just say you have read books. Show that through them you have learned to think better, to be a more discriminating and reflective person. Books are the training weights of the mind. They are very helpful, but it would be a bad mistake to suppose that one has made progress simply by having internalized their contents.” — Epictetus
VERY excited to read these books! Thanks for the recommendation and inspiration. I always enjoy your summaries and look forward to checking these out at the library!
Thanks so much, Dragon Gal! I thought long and hard about all the books I read to come up with a concise list. It’s tough playing favorites, but there’s only so much time in this life! These three books are the ones I’ll keep coming back to for years to come. Enjoy!
So excited to find this outstanding list of top 3 life-changing self-help books. I am a big fan of Eckhart Tolle Books, what are your thoughts about the book “The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle”?
Thank you, Umar! “The Power of Now” is on my reading list for this year.